Tuesday, November 8, 2011

St. George

Steve and I took two trips to St. George this year! The first one was in August with our friends Jen and Trevor Butler. We stayed at their condo, saw The Little Mermaid at Tuachan, hiked around Snow Canyon, bowled at a ghetto bowling alley, and enjoyed a relaxing vacation.
 Funny story about the temple...Steve and I went and did some sealings which requires kneeling. Well, we were the only couple there doing them so we didn't get a break. We were on number 19 out of 20 when everything in the room started going fuzzy. I have only felt this feeling one time before in my life and it was just prior to me passing out in the emergency room and hitting my head on the metal crash cart before crashing to the ground. This time, I didn't want to experience passing out again. So I stood up and sat down on a chair behind me. I was pale as a ghost (I was informed of that...) and shaky. I recovered and thought I could finish the last two, but the minute I went to my knees again I felt the same feeling. So we were unable to complete 20...BUT I didn't pass out which is good :)







 

Our second trip to St. George was to meet up with my parents. They were planning to go to Vegas for their anniversary to see the Blue Man Group, and we told them how awesome Tuachan was, so they decided to drive to St. George from Vegas to see Grease and they invited us! We headed down, saw Greg and Darlene (our good family friends that recently moved to St. George), and went to Tuachan. We ate at a cool restaurant where my dad ate buffalo, and then the next morning we headed to Vegas with them. We saw Blue Man Group and then went to the basement of the Excalibur to see the Tournament of the Kings. Both were sweet shows, but we have had enough of Vegas for a LONG time. We also swung by the Pawn Stars shop which was fun. We had a great trip thanks to Mom and Dad! 






 Blue Man Group was pretty dang cool, but very odd. They are weird people that do weird things and make others feel uncomfortable. You will know what i mean if you see the show. It was fun, but definitely a one-time only show--I don't ever feel the need to see them again.


Another funny story about the St. George temple...we got dressed and ready to go do a session and when we got there, there were tons of front row parking! We realized after a second of excitement for finding a good space to park, that the temple was closed (hence the parking). Apparently we should stick to other temples because we don't have the best luck down in St. George!

No comments:

Post a Comment