Here is the coffee table before.
![]() |
| Online image |
| Right after we moved into our South Jordan apartment. It looked good there! |
And here is the dramatic after picture. (with Steve's legs as he was screwing in the base of the table)
So here is how I did it. I went to home depot and bought 3 boards that were 4 ft by 12inches. I didn't have to do anything to them because they fit perfectly! (Originally I was going to use skinnier board but I decided I liked the wider planks and I especially liked that I didn't have to cut them!) I also bought spray paint.
The table was already taken apart from our move. I took all the pieces and painted them with a metallic spray paint. Aluminum or something. I wanted modern to meet rustic. I was going for a metal look on the bottom, and I think I did it pretty well!
Next, I sanded the boards a little bit, then stained them with the same stain from our farmhouse table. This entire process took all of 20-30 minutes. (Spray painting, sanding, staining)
To put the table together, we tried wood glue, but the fake ikea wood didn't like that and wouldn't stick, so we ended up screwing in the top boards from the bottom of the coffee table. Worked like a charm!
We are super happy with the results!
Total cost:
Table: $10 from ksl 3 years ago
Materials (spray paint, wood): $25
Stain leftover from other project, screws on hand: FREE
Total cost: $35 dollars for a sweet coffee table!







No comments:
Post a Comment